[Lazarus] TMemo flicker

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Tue Apr 30 20:45:04 CEST 2013

On 2013-04-30 17:47, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> embraced with these commands. That's realy tricky because (again) you
> need to know about the internals to do the right thing. Of course, if
> you do many changes to TMemo and each would raise Begin/EndUpdate
> pairs internally it would slow down everything significantly I think.

If that is the case, then it is a bug in LCL. Even if there are nested
Begin/EndUpdate calls, that should make no difference. As long as those
calls are in pairs, and as soon as the last EndUpdate is called, then
the whole component should refresh/repaint - that includes contents,
scrollbar adjustment etc.

That's how it works in Delphi's VCL and in fpGUI. Nothing complicated or
tricky. Before you populate any GUI component with large amounts of
data, call BeginUpdate before and EndUpdate after.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/