[Lazarus] Can not install a package

Haruyuki Fujimaki hryk_fujimaki at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 15:59:12 CEST 2013

>>  According to your advice, I tried a clean build. Unfortunately, I got same
> error. So I created new package and added same components.
>>  And I added "$(LazarusDir)/lcl/units/$(TargetCPU)-$(TargetOS)"
> and "$(LazarusDir)/components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux" to "Other
> unit files" in package options.
>
> Please remove these paths. They are used automatically by the IDE.
> Why did you add them?

Because without those paths, the IDE shows error messages :
"<unitname>.pas(6,21) Fatal: Can not find unit Forms used by <unitname>. Check if package LCLBase is in the dependencies."
"forms.pp(41,44) Fatal: Can not find AvgLvlTree used by Forms, ppu=../components/lazutils/lib/i386-linux/avglvltree.ppu, package LazUtils"

>>  I also added lclbase to Required Package of the package.
>
> Always use LCL instead of LCLBase.

OK, I  will. Thank you.

Fujimaki