[Lazarus] Delphi 5 project migration to Lazarus or Delphi XE* ?
konf at rotursoft.sk
Fri Aug 23 15:34:16 CEST 2013
I am about to migrate my key project from Delphi to Lazarus, but...
My project belongs on:
1. Windows only - this is not a problem
2. Firebird SQL over IBX - there is http://www.mwasoftware.co.uk/
3. FastReport - there is an oficial Lazarus version to buy
4. own components based on JCL, JvVCL - I can manage
5. TWordApplication, TWordDocument, ... OLE support for MS Word - ????
and the fifth point makes me a fear, because I didn't found the way how
to implement all the stuff around MSWord. The key feature is to
prepare word document and to let it modify by users. When user ends
his work I need to get control about saving the document, closing
Word to finish the work with the edited document.
CreateOleObject is not a solution, there are not captured the events.
I want to continue the development on Lazarus, because I worked on one
large Delphi2Lazarus conversion and the support from this list was
awesome. This is the reason why I want to change to Lazarus. It is
not about to save money on Delphi XE*
Best regards, TRoland
More information about the Lazarus