[Lazarus] Positioning entries on main menu

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Fri Aug 30 22:43:59 CEST 2013

Is there a portable way of positioning a (single) entry at the right of
a form's main menu, or of displaying a clickable glyph?

What I'm considering is something like a ยป symbol to control whether an
extra pane is shown to the right of a text editor. This would be used
for drag-and-drop operations, transferring files to/from a remote system
in the background.

A year or so ago I wrote a Linux app which has some extra-wide menu
entries which control data (Alsa MIDI) routing, these have "coloured
LEDs" on them but only work properly with gtk2 (i.e. not Qt).

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk