[Lazarus] Synapse SSH

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 11:07:26 CEST 2013

On 05/08/2013 10:11, Antonio Fortuny wrote:

> Le 02/08/2013 17:22, Reinier Olislagers a écrit :
>> On 02/08/2013 17:02, Antonio Fortuny wrote:
>>> I've copied the example from the wiki as a second test.
>>> I only set the pair login/password: same result as before (PAM
>>> autentication failed).
>>> Then I generated a pair of SSH2-rsa keys (1024) using puttygen and
>>> assigned the PrivateKey property to the private key file generated.
>>> Result is worse as an exception arises without explanation.
>> Read the wiki article. It should explain how to generate keys. The
>> format is not what you'd expect.
> I have had a complete read of http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Synapse.
> Maybe because it is monday morning, I haven't read any reference to how
> to generate keys for SSH connection

Mmmph - I have that Monday morning feeling, too.

The wiki article says:
"LibSSH2 library. Pascal bindings still in development, but you can use
a file with your private key (in OpenSSH format) to authenticate. "
but you tried that and it didn't work - you *did* export the puttygen
private key file in openssh format, not the default putty format!?

I thought I had an example with libssh2+certificate auth lying around
somewhere but apparently I haven't, so that's about all I can say, sorry.