[Lazarus] Synapse SSH

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Mon Aug 5 11:46:37 CEST 2013

Le 05/08/2013 11:07, Reinier Olislagers a écrit :
> On 05/08/2013 10:11, Antonio Fortuny wrote:
>>> Read the wiki article. It should explain how to generate keys. The
>>> format is not what you'd expect.
>> I have had a complete read of http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Synapse.
>> Maybe because it is monday morning, I haven't read any reference to how
>> to generate keys for SSH connection
> Mmmph - I have that Monday morning feeling, too.
>

> The wiki article says:
> "LibSSH2 library. Pascal bindings still in development, but you can use
> a file with your private key (in OpenSSH format) to authenticate. "
> but you tried that and it didn't work - you *did* export the puttygen
> private key file in openssh format, not the default putty format!?
>
> I thought I had an example with libssh2+certificate auth lying around
> somewhere but apparently I haven't, so that's about all I can say, sorry.
Aaaaaaaargh ! >:o
Definitely yes, IT IS monday morning.
I've read this text, but because I'm focused on cryptolib
(ssl_cryptlib.pas and cryptlib.pas along with cl32.dll), I didn't take
care of the LibSSH2 as the cryptolib seems to take care of the private
key. In my mind the application has to play with a pair of keys like I
use to do between two Linux boxes, exchanging eachother the gerated
public key into the .ssh user's home folders. And yes, I saved putty's
keys in OpenSSH format. When generating the keys, as I usually do with
Linux boxes, I don't give a passphrase so I connect immediately. I still
give a pair username/password (appropriate to the server into wich I
want to connect.
BTW, isn't the public key used anymore ? As only the private key is
mentioned, I wonder what to do with the public one.

Thanks anyway Reinier, I'll let you know if I succed to establish a
connection.

Antonio.