[Lazarus] Including and existing unit

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Wed Aug 7 08:59:43 CEST 2013

Le 07/08/2013 07:29, Richard Mace a écrit :
> Hi All,
> I am writing to similar applications, and want the "child" app to use
> some of the units of the parent app. If the units for the child app
> are in a different directory from the parent app, what's the best way
> of using an "include" in the child app?
>
> Hope that makes sense?
Definitely yes. I'm used to create as much as  needed source lib folders
to store units common to more than one project. Folder's hierarchy
depends on projects hierarchy. For example:
root
     lib
     group1
         lib1
         project1
         project2
     group2
         lib2
         project3
         project4

projects 1 & 2 share untils in lib1. Same for projects 3 & 4 with lib2
But project 4 and project1 can share units within lib.
When importing a unit in a project from a foilder ouside of the
project's one, Lazarus proposes to insert the new source folder into the
project's search path. So it's very easy.

Antonio.