[Lazarus] Congrats on the new project options screen

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Aug 7 10:28:50 CEST 2013

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> It addresses all targets. That's the idea of parsing the fpc output
>>> instead of maintaining our own list.
>> OK, I'll try to test on at least SPARC and PPC.

> To compile the IDE you need the last release (2.6.2) or trunk. 2.6.0
> might also work, but that is rarely tested.
> The compiler options should work even with old fpc.

Using 2.6.2 on Linux, trunk (with bigide) currently doesn't build on
SPARC or PPC unless PascalScript and EditorMacroScript are hacked out. I
can't currently test ARM, MIPS etc.

Lazarus trunk doesn't run on SPARC,
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=23703 plus at least one other.

The new options form looks OK on PPC (32-bit) Linux.

I think there are some options which could be usefully filtered out, at
the very least -?.

I imagine it's going to be "fun" reconciling any options modified on the
"All Options" form with the existing "Config and Target"
http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20310 etc.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk