[Lazarus] Getting a remote hostname

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Aug 7 15:00:03 CEST 2013

Take the IP adress of 192.168.0.1 for an example...

A resolver needs to construct a query string that looks like this:

1.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa

And then pass that along to your dns server with PTR typed query.

But if you don't know anything about DNS you can look at the examples.

../fpc/packages/fcl-net/examples/testdns.pp

You can construct a Resolver and just pass it the actual address.

On 8/5/2013 12:34 PM, Richard Mace wrote:
> Hi,
> What's the best/easiest/only was of getting a host name via an IP address?
>
> Effectively, i'd like to "ping" a number of ip addresses and see what
> the host name is so that I can present the list to the user.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Richard
>

> --

Andrew Brunner

Aurawin LLC
19309 Stage Line Trail
Pflugerville, TX 78660

https://aurawin.com/

Aurawin is a great new way to store, share, and explore all your content
featuring our innovative cloud social computing platform.