[Lazarus] Freetype-6.dll not found

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Aug 7 21:03:56 CEST 2013

On 8/6/2013 17:42, Timothy Groves wrote:
> On 13-08-05 12:47 PM, Edilson Vieira wrote:
>> Check if freetype-6.dll is in same dir as the executable or in windows dir.
> Fixed it. I had to copy freetype6.dll to the executable's directory, and then
> rename it to freetype-6.dll. Then copy zlib1.dll into the executable directory
> as well. Apparently, having them in the Windows DLL search path wasn't good enough.

possibly that but the different name probably was more of the culprit... you
didn't say that you had renamed it in the dll path, though... but then, what
else would break if it was renamed? as i suggested before, i think you need, in
code, to determine what OS you are running on and then attempt to load the dll
with the proper name for that OS... apparently it has one name on *nix and
another on winwhatever ;)