[Lazarus] Forward declaration not solved

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Fri Aug 9 13:56:09 CEST 2013

Le 09/08/2013 13:39, Michael Van Canneyt a écrit :

> On Fri, 9 Aug 2013, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>

>>> Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org> hat am 9. August 2013
>>> um 12:19
>>> geschrieben:
>>> [...]
>>>
>>> I have been proponent of this idea since many years :-)
>>
>> What type do you want to rename?
>
> THandle. I suspect you have it in lcltypes or so.
>
> IMHO there should be TFileHandle, TWindowHandle etc. Probably on
> windows they will all end up referencing windows.THandle, but on other
> platforms they may be wildly different.
For a developer as me, this is probably the best solution indeed. I do
manipulate lots of handles in my applications and do not really want to
take care of which basic type they are. I'd be more than happy to
re-engineer my applications diversifying handle types which means to get
rid of all this ambiguity when addressing OS objects. My problem then
would be to use the right handle type where needed

Antonio.