[Lazarus] UTF8 string handling problem under linux

Xiangrong Fang xrfang at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 05:11:54 CEST 2013

There is no backtrace at all, the only info I get when starting from
command line is:

xrfang at fxrmm:~/Desktop/testutf8$ ./project1
TApplication.HandleException Access violation
  Stack trace:
  $00007F2ACBF9DBD0

Please provide a backtrace.

> What is r?

r is a TRegistry object, please see attached source code.

> What compiler version?

FPC 2.6.2, Lazarus 1.0.10

I suspect this is a bug in related library code, because even if the result
is not correct, it should not crash.  Note that this error ONLY occur when
I choose a directory with CJK character in its path.