[Lazarus] Position of Tab with "My Components" in IDE

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Aug 15 11:08:00 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 10:41:25 +0200
Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On the Dutch Delphi/Lazarus forum somebody asked this question:
>
> I have a set of custom components.
> When I install them in the IDE they get their own Tab "My Components",
> as expected.
> The problem this person has is that when he re-builds the IDE (for
> instance when adding a new component), then the position of the "My
> Components" Tab changes.

The 1.0.x IDE only sorts packages topologically, not alphabetically,
so the order between same level packages is not fixed.
The 1.1 IDE sorts packages alphabetically too, so the order is fixed.

> Is there a way to tell the IDE where the "My Components" Tab should go
> in the IDE?

It is started, but it is not complete. Every page and every component
has a priority.

The idea is that eventually someone writes a GUI to allow users define
the order.

Mattias