[Lazarus] Delphi for Android

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Thu Aug 15 11:14:35 CEST 2013

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013, Sven Barth wrote:

> Hello together!
>
> Since Delphi now indeed seems to get an Android port I thought that I'd
> mention this blog entry by Marco Cantu here as well:
> http://blog.marcocantu.com/blog/compiling_android_apps_delphi.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+marcocantublog+%28marcocantu.blog%29
>
> One can of course argue whether this is more for lazarus-other or not, but
> maybe we can discuss here how one could improve the development experience
> with Lazarus when developing for Android (automatic APK building, etc.)

I don't think  this is for Lazarus-other.

There are 4 things to be considered:
  - How to go about Android: custom drawn (i.e. native code), or using the JVM and the Android API.
  - Building the GUI as it is done e.g. with the iOS extension from Joost van der sluis.
  - apk building (probably the easiest part)
  - Remote debugging with the Android emulator.

It is a huge task, I've had many discussions about it :(

Michael.