[Lazarus] Timing of all compiler options on slow machines

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Aug 22 12:58:14 CEST 2013

On 20/08/2013 14:13, Juha Manninen wrote:
> Attention waldo kitty and others with slow machines.
>
> I added code for timing the reading of all compiler options and the
> rendering the GUI for them. It shows a MessageBox after reading and
> rendering.

I don't use the define, it should log to console, not dialog....

But normally on my system the time is not noticeable (100 ms, tops 150 ?)

Now I just experienced it taking about 3 or 4 seconds.
win 32 vista

The system was particular busy (another fpc (different exe / different
version) was running).
- using 1 of 2 cpu => but the other was idle, so enough cpu power
- still 1Gb of RAM free
- but it would have prevented anything useful being in the OS disc cache
because it accesses plenty of other files
Everything on my system react nice and fine, except that tab ("other")
took a few seconds