[Lazarus] Timing of all compiler options on slow machines

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Aug 22 13:39:17 CEST 2013

On 8/22/2013 05:56, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 3:50 AM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> after preventing all additional apps from starting, including my firewall
>> and my avast anti-virus, i saw 1.047 seconds for the reading of the compiler
>> options... unloading lazarus and immediately reloading it and trying again
>> gave me a (cached) reading time of 00.047 seconds...
>
> This 47 ms is exactly one second less than the first value. Maybe you
> typed it wrong.

not typoed... i looked at the wrong number on the sheet i wrote them down on...
the cached speed should have been 00:141...

> Still, it is a realistic value in a healthy machine. I also got
> smaller than 50 ms timings on my work machine with Linux. Quite a
> difference compared to 18 seconds.

yeah... i've been trying to locate the setting in my firewall where i can turn
that protection off but i haven't found it and i'm not sure i want it off just
in case something does try to get loose during my network security
investigations and research ;)