[Lazarus] Timing of all compiler options on slow machines

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Thu Aug 22 15:03:16 CEST 2013

On 8/22/2013 08:14, Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:50 PM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> blink... not sure what to do to make it faster...
>
> Replacing Windows with Linux would make it faster. See my earlier
> timings for a much slower P2 233 MHz machine.

ROTFLMAO!!! i love it! :)

> Sorry, I could not resist writing this... You may have other reasons
> for using Windows of course. :)

no problem, my friend... none at all... i do use linux on other boxen for
mission critical stuffs... and i also have a few "primaries" running OS/2 eCS as
well... but for everything i do, winwhatever currently takes all for the simple
ease of use and i can do anything i want in 99% of the cases... since it is w2k,
i am not restricted from being able to run DOS apps whenever i want... quite
unlike the new winwhatever stuff out there today... habit and muscle memory are
hard things to overcome when one is set in their ways with their daily tasks and
goals ;)