[Lazarus] SynEdit Development Status

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 27 11:30:32 CEST 2013

On 08/27/2013 11:21 AM, Martin wrote:

> And feel free to ask.

As we are at this issue a slightly off-topic question:

For a rather simple program we use TMemeo as an editor for information
that is displayed and stored in an HTML file.

So we extract the appropriate text lines from the file, have the user
edit it in a TMemo and finally re-insert it in the HTML file.

We don't need any complex formatting, just text that is organized as
multiple paragraphs.

Now a problem is, that Memo.Lines outputs any text line as a single
paragraph and thus it its close to impossible to keep the correct
paragraph structure during the process (without forcing the user to do
special stuff such as using blank lines a paragraph indicators).

Could SynEdit help with this problem ?

Thanks,
-Michael