[Lazarus] Positioning entries on main menu

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 13:23:08 CEST 2013

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:
> You might get some ideas from the SelComponentPageButton which has been
> added in recent Lazarus commits (1.1).
> See ..\ide\main.pp, lines 2045-2055, and 5104-5121
> (it's evidently copied from CodeTyphon).

Yes, it is also mentioned in the commit message:
  http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&root=lazarus&revision=42313

About the original question:
A toolbar is the standard and portable way for your button.
I don't know how to add it beside a main menu, but is it really needed?
For example the button for component page selection in Lazarus IDE is
beside a toolbar, not beside a main menu.

Juha