[Lazarus] Positioning entries on main menu

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 15:08:19 CEST 2013

Juha Manninen wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 1:17 PM, Howard Page-Clark <hdpc at talktalk.net> wrote:
>> You might get some ideas from the SelComponentPageButton which has been
>> added in recent Lazarus commits (1.1).
>> See ..\ide\main.pp, lines 2045-2055, and 5104-5121
>> (it's evidently copied from CodeTyphon).
>
> Yes, it is also mentioned in the commit message:
>   http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=revision&root=lazarus&revision=42313

Thanks Howard, I'll investigate during the next maintenance session.

> About the original question:
> A toolbar is the standard and portable way for your button.
> I don't know how to add it beside a main menu, but is it really needed?
> For example the button for component page selection in Lazarus IDE is
> beside a toolbar, not beside a main menu.

The program doesn't have a toolbar, and since the audience is IBM (and
other) mainframe types it's a fair bet that they like toolbars even less
than I do (I like having a menu dammit, I'm not into all this
self-service buffet stuff :-)

I've experimentally allowed the main form to accept dropped files, which
is OK except that controls mask them (i.e. I can detect a dropped file
over the menu or status bar, but not over e.g. a TMemo). Is there some
hidden component property to make components transparent to drop?
Lazarus/LCL 1.0, Linux gtk2.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk