[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Dmitry Boyarintsev skalogryz.lists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 06:31:33 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 4:52 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

> On 11/28/2013 05:39 PM, Dmitry Boyarintsev wrote:
>
>> Even if LCL will start "web target" today, it will be 10 years later that
>> LCL can be used without problems.
>>
> You don't seem to know what Michel v C and friends can do :-) :-)

Yes, I do. I also do know how LCL works internally.
As you can see below in MVC's reply, he actually confirms my point.

LCL is not going to be network based, for one simple reason - it
technically cannot - too much is bound to low lever WinAPI-like functions.

And of course, a web-framework can be created based on Lazarus. But using
Lazarus as IDE only (or at least - package manager).
So to be more accurate a web-framework will be Free Pascal based.

thanks,
Dmitry

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM, Michael Van Canneyt <michael at freepascal.org