[Lazarus] TDBCtrlGrid

Fabio Luis Girardi fluisgirardi at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 20:08:07 CET 2013

Hi All!!

I'm starting a clone (not a copy) of TDBCtrlGrid of Delphi. Now, I'm
creating the base of TDBCtrlGrid and I'm testing it on form designer of
Lazarus, without success. I can't put any control on the sub panel (that
will be replicated for each row of dataset).

At the moment, I created two classes to do this: TDBCtrlGridRowDesigner and
TDBCtrlGrid.

The main line on constructor of TDBCtrlGridRowDesigner is that:

ControlStyle := ControlStyle + [csAcceptsControls, csCaptureMouse,
csClickEvents, csDoubleClicks, csOpaque, csReplicatable ] ;

That allows the subpanel receive new child controls and allow it to be
painted with PaintTo procedure...

And in the constructor of TDBCtrlGrid, the main lines are that:

ControlStyle := ControlStyle + [csDoubleClicks, csOpaque] ;
TabStop := true;
... initial size
... creation of sub panel using the DBCtrlGrid as Parent.

My Question is: I need override any other procedure/function to tell to IDE
that the parent of controls inserted inside of subpanel will have the
subpanel as parent?

--
The best regards,

Fabio Luis Girardi