[Lazarus] The future of desktop

Avishai avishai.gore at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 21:44:45 CET 2013

@vfclists.  I agree with what you said.  I have the knowledge about the
requirements of RightToLeft applications, but I don't have the programming
skills to make it happen.  My suspicion is that the great majority of
Lazarus/FPC users are not proficient enough to dig down into the low level
code and figure out how to fix problems.  I know for fact that I am not.
 That doesn't keep me from trying though.  I've been looking for that
TWinControl Canvas bug for 2 years and I'm no closer today than the day I
started.

But Mirroring technology is the simplest and most straightforward approach
to RightToLeft on the MSWindows platform.  For the most part it already
works, but only if you disable Themes.  That's a price most programmer feel
they can't pay.

--
Shalom,
Avishai