[Lazarus] Is this bug? in debug mode

Martin Frb lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Dec 11 14:16:26 CET 2013

On 11/12/2013 11:05, FreeMan wrote:
> I have a new bug, While debugging, some error popup (still not sure
> wich and how so I can not report detail) Blue dots loseing application
> running and I can't not debug. When application end via
> "Application.Terminate;" code this error popups
>
> The GDB command:
> "-exec-run"
> returned the error:
> ",msg="During startup program exited normally.""
>
> Close and reopen lazarus not changed still goes on. I have to reset
> system.

1)  I still do not know:     Which OS? 32 or 64 bit?

2)  For this new error, I also need to know which version of Lazarus

3)  You can try to change the value of "InternalStartBreak" (see
property grid on the menu/tools/options/debugger/general page). There is
no prediction which value will work, so you need to try them all.

3a)
In addition please provide a log.
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#Log_info_for_debug_session

Provide a log with the current default of InternalStartBreak (getting
the error). And provide logs for the other values you choose, indicating
if they fail or work.

4)
If you do not debug inside libraries (dll/so) then you may also want to
add --eval-command="set auto-solib-add off" as described here:
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/GDB_Debugger_Tips#gdb.exe_has_stopped_working