[Lazarus] Win services

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Wed Dec 11 16:17:28 CET 2013

Sorry all, it is my fault.
In fact, when I use the commande
net start servicenape
servicenape stands for the display name and it works every day.
This time I tried:
sc stop my_service
with the same name and I receive a Windows error telling me that service
has not been started, but I'm pretty sure it is (that's what
services.msc tells me)
Until, making a typing error I typed
sc stop _service
which did work !!!!
In fact, what sc and the TServiceCompoent expect as the service name to
be is the NAME property of the item in the DataModule of the daemon
mapper (_service in this case) and not its display name.
That's it.
Maybe the wiki page (http://wiki.freepascal.org/ServiceManager) could be
adapted to be more precise.
Now my program works fine with the services manager.
I guess it will much easier to manage all this in Linux.

Thanks anyway.

Antonio.

---