[Lazarus] Lazarus directives

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Dec 17 10:50:41 CET 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:01:11 +0100
Reimar Grabowski <reimgrab at web.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 19:05:49 +0100
> Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>[...]
> Disclaimer: I don't favor any one of the todos over the other. You asked how to encourage usage and that's how I would do it.

Thanks.

The todo list package was abandoned by the original inventor. Currently
I maintain it, that means keep it compiling. I don't use it myself and
I have no plans to extend it. The package supports various todo formats
and if someone wants to add another one feel free to send a patch.
Parsing a todo is pretty simple so there is almost no maintenance cost
to support another format. I see little reason to remove a format.
At the moment it supports:
//todo, //#todo, {todo}, {#todo}, (*todo*), (*#todo*)
And the same for 'done'.

IMHO it would be nice if the user can check what todo formats he likes
(e.g. list of checkboxes). By default it could be only {%todo},
{%done}.

Keep in mind that IDE directives only supports the curly bracket
comments.

Mattias