[Lazarus] newbie needs help installing Winsoft's component COMPORT

Bob Axtell bob.axtell at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 14:31:45 CET 2013

On 12/22/2013 4:38 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Bob Axtell wrote:
>>>

>> anybody have a little time to help a 71 yr ole kid just startin' out?
>
> What are you trying to interface to? If you don't need a graphical
> control I extended FPC's standard serial unit to work with Win-32, I
> think it's reliable although I usually use the Linux or Solaris
> variants. http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18946

I am making a simple connection thru an RS232 LINK, and I have used
Comport with Delphi6 very successfully in the past. The graphical
control is needed to make the notebook app easily readable and usable by
our installer, who has ASUS netbooks with WinXP installed.

Thanks for taking me under your wing.

--Bob

--

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

VINCE LOMBARDI