[Lazarus] Lazarus (UTF8) and Windows: SysToUTF8, UTF8ToSys... Is there a better solution?

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Dec 24 18:13:01 CET 2013

Am 24.12.2013 15:22, schrieb Marcos Douglas:
 > Use functions, always, to convert string between RTL and LCL and
 > vice-versa IHMO is wrong because the final code is confusing. In a
 > huge application you still need to think "here is UTF-8 or
 > ANSI/UTF-16?"

That's true.
It's a pain to pay attention to this.
All units used should use the same string encoding IMO.
But which?
I think that's the discussion in  this thread.

 > If the RTL will be UTF-16, UTF-32, whatever the Lazarus will continues --
 > I think -- working using UTF-8.

But that would be a real pain.
In a program it should be possible to use strings
without the need to convert back and forth between encodings.
So all strings from/to FPC and LCL routines should have the same encoding.