[Lazarus] DCPcrypt on Lazarus 1.2

Chris Crori crori49 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 27 16:41:16 CET 2013

On Fri, 27 Dec 2013 15:35:12 +0200, Mark Morgan Lloyd
<markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> On 2013-12-27 09:45, Chris Crori wrote:
>>>    i use DCPcrypt in my project and found out that the rijndael
>>> cipher  gives different results in Lazarus 1.2 than the results i got
>>> in Lazarus  1.0
>>  Also as Mark mentioned... Some test code with expected results would be
>> very valuable in debugging this issue.
>
> I notice a health warning at http://wiki.freepascal.org/DCPcrypt
> relating to non-standard key sizes. Graeme, I see you're down as the
> maintainer: does Rijndael have a self-test and (Chris) are you using it?
>
> I see that I've extended the Tiger2 self-test to make sure UpdateStr()
> concatenates properly, but I've not recorded why I thought that was
> advisable. That procedure does look sensitive to whether its parameter
> is ASCII or Unicode, and something like a £ character in the input could
> mess things up.

I think you 're onto something, my key is in UTF-8 so maybe that's the
problem.
i didn't even look for self test
:( (kind of feeling stupid right now, unable to help)

also, Graeme :
> Some questions:
>
>  1) Did you use the same FPC versions? FPC Trunk has had some major
>     changes compared to previous released versions.

I used only FPC 2.6.2

>  2) What target platform did you test with? 64-bit, 32-bit etc?
>
>  3) Was OS did you test on? Was both tests on Windows, was it the
>     same version of Windows? Or was it Linux vs Windows etc.

I have same results in win7, 32 and 64 bit, and winXP 32 bit