[Lazarus] Lazarus (UTF8) and Windows: SysToUTF8, UTF8ToSys... Is there a better solution?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Dec 27 18:38:21 CET 2013

On 2013-12-27 17:11, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Some want to make FPC/Lazarus into a (possibly exact) clone of
> Delphi (which means to follow every sh*t that is and will be put into this product)
> and others (like me) hope for a more Pascal like programming environment
> which at least avoids future (maybe even removes existing) obscurity
> crept into Pascal with Borland/Embarcadero.

Yeah, and I wonder what is the plans for the Free Pascal project, now
that Embarcadero is changing the compiler and language - specifically
for mobile platforms. EMBT are introducing even more sh*t - as you put
it. ;-)  Enhancements for Desktop or Web development are getting very
little attention these days by EMBT.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/