[Lazarus] OT: Re: Lazarus (UTF8) and Windows: SysToUTF8, UTF8ToSys... Is there a better solution?

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 27 19:46:16 CET 2013

Am 27.12.2013 11:42 schrieb "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

> Sven Barth schrieb:
>

>> The compiler can already parse UTF-8 files with strings and comments
being real UTF-8 texts which can be seen as such inside an editor. AFAIK it
can even handle UTF-16 files (though I'm not entirely sure about this).
What it however does definitely not allow (and none of the current devs
wants to work on this) is support for non-Unicode identifiers as newer
Delphi versions support.

> You certainly mean *non-ASCII* identifiers?

Of course *blush* thank you for correction.

Regards,
Sven