[Lazarus] Beyond Compare 4 built with Lazarus 1.2

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 17:15:12 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
> So PLEASE, tell us how to make a code on Windows safe, readable and
> strong using FPC 2.6.x (AnsiString) and Lazarus (UTF-8) because I and
> most people still not know.

That is not true. Most people using LCL already know how to use UTF-8
with it, using AnsiString and the UTF8 functions.

> Yes, yes. I'm not here to complain. I'm here to understand how I can
> solve my problems and, at the same time, help other people. I'm not
> doing FUD.

No, instead you behave like a child who repeats the same demand until
his parent get tired and give it to him.
Now a clean Unicode implementation cannot be given to you because it
does not exist.
You could have read the same things from FPC mailing list archive.
They have been repeated again and again and again in many many
threads, some of which went on for months, during past ~ 4 years.

Besides you already hijacked other threads for the same discussion.
This one was originally about "Beyond Compare 4".

Let's give peace for FPC developers so they can implement the stuff
instead of answering the same questions again and again.
I personally am interested how easy it will be to work with UTF-8.
However I know there are no answers yet so I will ask about it.
I know this concern was expressed by many people and it has been
acknowledged somehow.

Juha