[Lazarus] Beyond Compare 4 built with Lazarus 1.2

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Dec 29 01:27:17 CET 2013

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 2:15 PM, Juha Manninen
<juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 3:51 PM, Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net> wrote:
>> So PLEASE, tell us how to make a code on Windows safe, readable and
>> strong using FPC 2.6.x (AnsiString) and Lazarus (UTF-8) because I and
>> most people still not know.
>
> That is not true. Most people using LCL already know how to use UTF-8
> with it, using AnsiString and the UTF8 functions.

I never said not work. I said "how to make a code on Windows _safe_,
readable and _strong_".
[[ IMHO ]], use functions at all over the code to convert strings is
not safe -- according to my criteria -- and, if is not safe, isn't
strong. But I can be wrong.

>> Yes, yes. I'm not here to complain. I'm here to understand how I can
>> solve my problems and, at the same time, help other people. I'm not
>> doing FUD.
>
> No, instead you behave like a child who repeats the same demand until
> his parent get tired and give it to him.

If you get my first mail, I only ask: "Is there some trick..."

> Now a clean Unicode implementation cannot be given to you because it
> does not exist.

Ok, thank you.

> You could have read the same things from FPC mailing list archive.
> They have been repeated again and again and again in many many
> threads, some of which went on for months, during past ~ 4 years.

Ah, Ok! I'm the wrong person now?? I'm the ONLY person talking about
"Unicode, the forbidden topic"?
Why don't you talk like that for ALL people that said something about it?

> Besides you already hijacked other threads for the same discussion.
> This one was originally about "Beyond Compare 4".

Me? See the history again.

> Let's give peace for FPC developers so they can implement the stuff
> instead of answering the same questions again and again.
> I personally am interested how easy it will be to work with UTF-8.
> However I know there are no answers yet so I will ask about it.
> I know this concern was expressed by many people and it has been
> acknowledged somehow.

I learned something. Maybe others learned something too. This worth
for something.
But Okay, let's give peace for all.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas