[Lazarus] IDE window positions

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sat Feb 2 08:52:17 CET 2013

Hi all,

kubuntu 12.04 64 bit. lazarus 1.0.4 and 1.1 39930.

Tired of re-positioning IDE windows after lazarus start-up I have
defined custom positions for the main IDE windows. Now, when I start up
the computer and start lazarus, the windows are all messed up. I close
lazarus, restart lazarus and some of the windows are in the correct
position, restart lazarus again and all windows are as defined!!
Sometimes a 4th restart is needed. I can restart lazarus as many times
as needed thereafter and the windows will be positioned fine, until the
next reboot.

When the windows are messed up, the position is random but not the
window sizes. The windows sizes are as pre-defined or saved (I have only
6 custom positions, the other are restore window geometry) but the Main
Menu will be in the position of fe. the console window or message
window, etc. As if a the window positions are restored with a wrong,
random, offset.

Is there something I can do to debug this? This is repeatable and could
be the reason for some of the complaints of some people about window
positions not always being restored correctly (Graeme?). Combine this
behaviour with restore window geometry and there is no way to get your
original window positions back since, the wrong positions are saved when
exiting lazarus.

Mantis?

thanks, Ludo