[Lazarus] Exception when re-opening a modal dialogue

Timothy Groves the.tail.kinker at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 15:19:58 CET 2013

So when I call TfrmNewChapter.ShowModal, it works the first time. But
when I call it the second time, I get an exception.  The form is closed
with the OK or Cancel buttons;  their methods are given below.  What am
I doing wrong?

procedure TfrmNewChapter.btnCancelClick(Sender: TObject);
begin
   txtChapterTitle.Text := '';
   frmNewChapter.Hide;
end;

procedure TfrmNewChapter.btnOKClick(Sender: TObject);
var
   s : string;
begin
   if (txtChapterTitle.Text <> '') then begin
     NewChapter (txtChapterTitle.Text);
     txtChapterTitle.Text := '';
     str (ChapterCount, s);
     while (length (s) < 4) do
     Chapter^.Filename := Story^.ShortName + s;
     PopulateChapterList;
     frmNewChapter.Hide;
     MarkChapterListDirty;
   end;