[Lazarus] Configuration not quite right

Leslie Turriff jlturriff at centurytel.net
Mon Feb 25 20:40:43 CET 2013

Hi,
	I'm just starting out with Free Pascal and Lazarus, and I need a bit of help.
	I've installed them in my OpenSuSE 12.2 system running on x86_64 hardware,
using the version in the distribution repository (which I presumed would be
properly configured).  Lazarus is v1.0.4 and Free Pascal is "version 2.6.0
[2012/10/17] for x86_64".
	The first time I opened Lazarus it populated with a predefined sample program
(how do I turn that off?).  I made a few cosmetic changes to the source code
(blank lines added or removed) to be sure Lazarus saw differences, then
pressed the Run button.
	The messages window reported 'Project "Project1" successfully built', then an
error message window popped up, saying 'No program file "/tmp/project1"
found.'
	I looked through Tools=>Options, looking for a mis-set path, but so far I
can't see anything helpful.
	Any suggestions?

Leslie