[Lazarus] Form ordering problem on tiling window manager

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 1 21:42:06 CET 2013

On 01.02.2013 21:32, Sven Barth wrote:
> I'll now also try Qt and report back...

Ok, Qt nearly has the same behavior as Gtk2 with the GetWindowManager
workaround applied. I can move the cursor onto non-modal windows if a
modal one is open and if I click them the window is moved to the top,
but I can't interact with it.

There is one difference though: Qt forces the focus back to the modal
window. I've noticed this, because awesome shows me a windows button for
each open IDE window. Now in Gtk2 if I move the mouse to a different
window than the modal one than this second windows stays active (the
window's button is highlighted). But in Qt if I move the cursor to
another window this window's button is only highlighted shortly and then
the modal window one's is highlighted again.

Regards,
Sven