[Lazarus] Synedit free makes an access violation exception

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Feb 1 21:52:33 CET 2013

On 01/02/2013 20:48, ik wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
>> On 01/02/2013 20:43, Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> I will have to debug that.
>>>
>>> It may be that Cutter.Assign is not working.
>>> It seems to only copy the pointers to the other edits gutter parts... And
>>> that is not right.
>>

>> If you whish to look (I dant know when I get to it). I THINK it may be this
>>
>> procedure TSynObjectList.Assign(Source: TPersistent);
>> begin
>>    FList.Assign(TSynObjectList(Source).FList);
>>    DoChange(self);
>> end;
>>
>> Flist is a tlist, so just pointer copy...
> Thanks

But you will still have the problem, that your 2nd TSynEdit wil[l not
behave in the IDE.

How will it be updated, if EditorOptions Change?

And if it is not a TSynSourceEditor then it will not have all of the
features.
- SyncroEdit. Enabled in TSynSourceEditor. Of course you can enable by hand.
- TopHint with function name. implemented in TSynSourceEditor
- overviewgutter, partly implemented in TSynSourceEditor
- new (trunk) user-defined words markup, partly implemented in
TSynSourceEditor