[Lazarus] Creating methods using rtti-info

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Feb 2 15:57:09 CET 2013

> Wow. That's the worst hack of the IDE. I was glad to get rid of it and
> now someone asks for its return.
> Are you sure you need them?

I can think of two other options: (Maybe there are more, let me know if you can think of any...)

1: Adapt the codetools in such a way that when dealing with an objcclass the typeinfo is always used to get the parameter-information.

2: I could create a complete new property-editor, which does not inherits from the default event propertyeditor. That way I can also get rid of the other hacks and don't have to work with the TJITMethod. But in that case these 'events' will not show up in the Events-tab of the Object Inspector, but in the Properties-tab. But I'm sure that there's a possibility to add a class-method to TPropertyEditor to check in which tb the property/event should show up.

Maybe 2 is the best solution (although more work for me ;) )

I think I still need some help from you to get the right 'UnitInfo' and 'SrcEdit' in the new property-editor, since I can not use BeginCodeTool.

btw: if you want to try it yourself, It's about the iOSDesigner package in the lazarus-ccr. You have to apply the patch from bug 23814 though to make it work.

Joost.