[Lazarus] Buttons in frames

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 2 16:07:51 CET 2013

Mattias Gaertner wrote:

>>> Set a breakpoint in TCustomFrame.Create and single step to see what is executed.
>> I'm still trying to look at this, but a side question if I may. Could
>> this be caused by the fact that one of the directories is accessed via a
>> symlink? I notice that the IDE doesn't much like this, with extra tabbed
>> panes being opened whenever there's a compilation error and the risk of
>> "file changed on disk" inconsistencies if I don't force a manual save.
>
> Symlinked files are a problem.

I've never tried that.

> Symlinked directories are only a
> problem, if you use both paths in the same project.

I'm definitely not doing that, and they're definitely a problem. I've
got a tree like

/usr/local/src/inifiles
/usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk

/usr/local/src/heavywethers
/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk
/usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles -> /usr/local/src/inifiles

with the project only referring to ../inifiles/trunk:

     <SearchPaths>
       <IncludeFiles Value="$(ProjOutDir);$(LazarusDir)\ide"/>
       <OtherUnitFiles Value="..\inifiles\trunk"/>
     </SearchPaths>

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk