[Lazarus] Buttons in frames

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Feb 3 13:09:57 CET 2013

On Sun, 03 Feb 2013 11:37:03 +0000
Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:

> Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> >> [TCompiler.Compile] CmdLine="/usr/local/bin/ppc386-2.6.0  -MObjFPC
> >> -Scagi -O1 -g -gl -vewnhi -Se3 -Fi/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk/ide
> >> -Fl/opt/gnome/lib -Fu/usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk
> >> ..
> >> Compiling HeavyWethers.lpr
> >> Compiling /usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas
> >
> > Good.
> >

> >> but I now have two tabbed panes in my source editor: "DbConfigCode2" and
> >> "DbConfigCode2(2)" with the latter focussed.
> >
> > And that's where you loose me.
> > Why should /usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas be open in
> > the editor? From the project's point of view it is an unrelated file.
>
> You tell me! But the IDE opens a new tab/pane, and that's the whole
> point I'm trying to make!

Sorry.
The IDE does not resolve symlinks in paths. That means if the IDE
opens a wrong file, then it does so, even if the two directories were
copies instead of symlinks. Your talk about a problem with symlinks
mislead me.

So, let's forget the symlinks and find out why the IDE opens the wrong
file.

Please confirm:
The messages window shows an error on the file
/usr/local/src/heavywethers/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas
but the source editor opens the file
/usr/local/src/inifiles/trunk/dbconfigcode2.pas
Right?