[Lazarus] Problem with zeos and sqlite-3

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Sat Feb 16 14:41:55 CET 2013

> In our WinCE client for our application we use it for a miniature
> version of our database. As the client does not need all tables and only
> a specific subset of the data we generate a database on the host
> computer and download that to the device. When the user is done the
> database is copied back and the created data is integrated with the
> normal database (which is either a Oracle, MSSQL or DB2 one).

What you could do is: use TSQLQuery to perform a query on Oracle or MSSQL. Then store the dataset to file. Then copy this file to your WinCE client. Then you can work with it on your client, but don't use ApplyUpdates but do save your dataset to disk. When you're done, copy the dataset to another computer. Open the dataset into an TSQLQuery and run ApplyUpdates...

But this only works if you do not use SQL on your WinCE client. But maybe this can be solved since ZMSQL adds that functionality to TBufDataset? (I only read the wiki-article, never actually looked at it)

Joost.