[Lazarus] Codetools check lfm bug?

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 22 17:51:57 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 18:07:05 +0200
patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 'Tools/Check LFM File in editor' gives the error 'identifier Strings is
> not published in class TStringListDescendant'
>
> where TStringListDescendant is just a descendant of TStringList. The
> error does not happen with TStringList itself. Is this a bug?

It's not yet supported.
The Strings property is a runtime property, so there is
no clean way to find it at design time. I can imagine several
heuristics which could solve this. But since you are the first to ask
for this in 10 years, I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle.

I added a semi hack:
Please update svn trunk to 40366. Then call in your designtime package
register procedure:

uses
  FormEditingIntf;
procedure Register;
begin
  FormEditingHook.RegisterDefineProperty('TStringListDescendant','Strings');
end;

Mattias