[Lazarus] Forward declare (modern) records [was: Re: "global" operator overloading]

ListMember listmember at letterboxes.org
Tue Feb 26 16:15:56 CET 2013

> All three types, records, objects and classes have their purposes and
> uses and one can select the one that is most fitting in a given
> situation.

Is it possible to forward declare records the way we can with classes?

I mean, with classes, I can do this:

TSecondClass = class;

TFirstClass = Class(TObject)
private
   FSecondClass: TSecondClass;
public
end;

TSecondClass =  Class(TObject)
private
   FFirstClass: TFirstClass;
public
end;

but, I don't seem to be able to do the same with records --I am
referring to the new/modern records.

I can see why it isn't immediately available, but it would be so much
nicer if fpc handled the pointer stuff in the background.