[Lazarus] Buttons in frames

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 15:06:49 CET 2013

I've got a form which I'm creating manually before a program's main
form, in order to read configuration settings which are needed early.
The form contains a notebook, and I've implemented forward/backward
buttons to give a wizard-like interface. It's also got a modal cancel
button to prevent the app from starting. That combination's working fine.

I've moved the notebook and its contents into a frame, made sure that
the events are hooked up, and dropped the frame onto a clean form.

When the program runs, the form is created and displayed and the modal
cancel button works, but none of the other events fire in response to
user actions. This is with Lazarus trunk + 2.6.0.

I've just written a trivial program with a frame and button on the main
form and events appear OK, so it appears to be something to do with
early-creation of the form and content. Unless anybody can point out
what stupid mistake I'm making I'll extend my test program with an
early-created form and raise a bug if the problem persists.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk