[Lazarus] Lazarus and Graphics32 library packages

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Jan 6 15:33:38 CET 2013

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 15:45:02 +0200
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I finally decided to make it a single package.
> I uninstalled both from Lazarus, deleted all *.ppu and *.o under
> graphics32_trunk, and built Lazarus clean.
>
> Then I added the design units (the ones from GR32_DSGN_Lazarus.lpk)
> into GR32_Lazarus.lpk and changed its IDE Integration to "Designtime
> and runtime".
> Then I installed and ... again it fails for the same reason. I give up.
> I remember there were lots of similar problems with packages earlier
> but they were fixed by Mattias.
> This one bothers me because I can't find the reason. I experimented
> with the settings, I also renamed the old design time package so it
> didn't interfere.
> The problem is in the settings or paths of one package.

The paths are pretty simple. One "..". The settings are common too.
Mode Delphi, O1, intel assembler mode. So, no problem here.

FPC requires three compiles to build the package due to the many
unit cycles.
Sort the uses sections. Put gr32 units at the end.
Try to move as many units from the implementation sections to the
interface sections.
Finally: refactor and break the cycles.

Mattias