[Lazarus] terminal window not displayed in lazarus on kubuntu linux

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Jan 18 12:30:08 CET 2013

On 18/01/2013 11:25, Paul wrote:
> Hi,
> I am new to lazarus and have installed a linux deb version on my
> kubuntu system.
> I am running kubuntu linux which runs KDE as the desktop and have
> installed lazarus 1,0,4, FPC version 2.6.0. x86_64-linux-gtk2.
> The problem:
> When I choose run, the program compiles just fine but the output is
> not displayed in a terminal window.  This happens with all of my
> programs running on lazarus.
> I have the same lazarus, fpc and programs running on windows and on
> windows as soon as the program is compiled a terminal window pops up
> and displayed the results.
> Could it be that this problem is because it is a gtk2 version and not
> KDE?

If you run inside the IDE:

Menu: View > Debug Windows > Console.
This handles input and output.

It is not a full terminal though. Like some terminal have special
features, like escape sequences for colors....

If you need that, there is a global setting in the option dialog, to set
a tty for all debug output. You mus however open the tty yourself (e.g.
use the tty of a shell you launched outside the IDE)

----
Outside the IDE, you get a normal terminal.