[Lazarus] What is GeckoPort version 2 status?

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri Jan 18 17:15:21 CET 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 04:14 +0400, Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> 11.01.2013 19:50, Joost van der Sluis пишет:
> > On Sat, 2012-11-03 at 02:39 +0400, Maxim Ganetsky wrote:
> >> As far as I can see latest SVN version of GeckoPort version 2 is broken.
> >> It cannot be compiled via Lazarus package (e.g. each-version directory
> >> is missing). Also GeckoPort version 2 cannot be installed via FpPkg (at
> >> least with FPC 2.6.1).
> >>
> >> What's its status? Will it be fixed? Is it usable at all?
> >
> > This might be a really old message, but if you still need help in
> > getting it to work, I'm available.
> >
> > What's the problem you do have with the fppkg installation?
>
> Wow, thanks for your reply.

No problem. It was me that was so late...

> The problem is that GeckoPort v2 fails to compile. See full log:

Could you try again?

For installation into Lazarus you have to supply the path of lazarus in
your fppkg.cfg. Did you do that?

> Installation to Lazarus via LPK fails too, of course. It seems, some
> files are missing.
>
> BTW, is it possible to update GeckoPort to work with latest Gecko ESR
> (as far as I understand, it is version 17)?

In principle it is. But I don't know if they changed a lot since I look
at it for the last time.

There is a parser that parses the sdk-files and generates pascal code.
That way it should be possible to update to gecko 17.

I just tested it with Gecko 9 on Windows. The GBrowser example did work,
only the registration of the mouse-events went wrong. I disabled those
by commenting-out line 1636 in GeckoBrowser (this is in the
Lazarus-package):
//  FDOMEvents := PGeckoDOMEventRegisterArray(@events);

If you can get this to work, we can look if it is possible to update to
gecko-18.

Joost.