[Lazarus] IDE

Curt Carpenter 1cjcarpenter at att.net
Mon Jan 21 19:32:42 CET 2013

On 1/21/2013 12:15 PM, Martin wrote:
> On 21/01/2013 17:51, Timothy Groves wrote:
>> On 13-01-21 12:49 PM, Juha Manninen wrote:
>>> No, because others don't have such problems. The problem must be in
>>> your system.
>>> You did not mention your OS nor your Lazarus version. It is difficult
>>> to say more about the possible reasons.
>>>
>>> Juha
>>>

>> Lazarus 0.9.30.2-2 on XUbuntu 12.04-1 running KDE 4.
>
> Using any docking manager? They are *all* beta.
>
> Please update to 1.0.4 or even snapshot from fixes.

Updating Lazarus from Ubuntu is a little difficult (if you're new to
Linux like me) since the Ubuntu Software Center is set up to install the
older Lazarus version using FPC2.4.4.

That said, my first step would be to try reloading the older Lazarus
with Ubunto (uninstall everything first, then reinstall) and see if the
problems go away.  (If you've installed a lot of Lazarus packages, that
is not going to be fun.  But maybe some of your components are misbehaving?)

But that's just my 2 cents worth -- I'm FOR SURE no expert.