[Lazarus] Shrink-fitting a form around its content

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jan 21 21:49:25 CET 2013

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 19:19:24 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> If I have something like a frame containing a wizard-style notebook, or
>> for that matter something like a DB-aware grid tailored to its content,
>> is there a portable way to fit a form or some other container around it?
>
> Put frame on a form and set the form's AutoSize to true.

Thanks, I'll experiment. Is that specifically a form property or is it
possible to do the same for e.g. a page control or a panel?

>> The problem seems to be that each OS or widget set has a different
>> amount of "furniture" between its declared dimensions and its client space.
>
> Note: A TFrame does not have any furniture. Window size is Client size
> on all platforms.

In the case of a TFrame, yes. But I was thinking of the form case where
there are- if my experience is reliable- significant differences between
the Windows and X way of doing things.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk